How to get a Japanese Visit Visa in Doha, Qatar

by: xtian001

In: Japan | Qatar | Travel

5 Nov 2010

Here is information on how to apply for a Japanese Visit and business visa in Doha, Qatar. It is quite easy and the only hassle would probably be obtaining and gathering the requirements especially the confirmed hotel bookings and flights if you’re going to be there as a tourist.

It takes 3 working/business days to get the Visa approvals. In our case, once we submitted our papers, it took probably 10-15 minutes for the lady at the reception to check them. After, she gave us some forms signifying that we submitted our passports to them and told us to call after 2 days. In the morning of that day, she called us and told us that the visas are ready for pickup. It seems the Filipinos are not required to pay anything for the Visa!

One thing to note, if your Japanese Visit Visa is valid from, say, November to December, you passport should be valid for at least 6 months after the end of your Japanese Visa. In the said case, it should be valid till June of the next year. This is important for airport checks in Tokyo and not necessarily approval for the embassy. Meaning, you can apply for the visa even if you don’t meet the requirement but you should get your passport validity extended from your own embassy or get a new passport after you get your Japan Visit Visa. You also don’t need to transfer the Visa from the old passport to the new passport, but make sure you bring your old passport with you when traveling as the visa on this expired passport would still be valid.

Japan Embassy in Doha, Qatar Website

The Consular Section
Address: The Consular Section is located in the Embassy
Diplomatic Area, West Bay, Doha, Qatar
Tel: 44840888
Fax: 44832178

Working Hours: from 7:30 to 15:00 (from Sunday to Thursday)

Visa Procedure for Tourists

1. Visa Application Form (1 sheets)
  2. Original Passport which must remain valid for at least another 6 months beyond the requested validity of your visa
  3. Recent Photos (Each photo should be taken within 3 months before applying) – passport size
  4. Salary Certificate
  5. Confirmed Hotel Reservation (for the whole period of stay)
  6. Confirmed Return Ticket (to and from Japan) Reservation
  7. Personal Bank Statement for the last 6 months
  8. Daily’s Schedule in Japan

Visa Fees (Single Entry)

Indian     QR32
Iranian    QR192
Others    QR115

Some countries’ citizens do not need to pay for Visa.

Visa Procedure for Business Visitors

1. Visa Application Form (1 sheets)
  3. 1 Recent Photos (Each photo should be taken within 3 months before applying) – passport size
  4. A Covering Letter from Applicant Company etc. in Qatar
  5. Invitation letter from the Guarantor in Japan
  6. Confirmed Hotel Reservation (for the whole period of stay)
  7. Confirmed Return Ticket (to and from Japan) Reservation
  8. Daily’s Schedule in Japan

Visa Fees (Single Entry)

same as above.

For further information, please contact 44840888.

76 Responses to How to get a Japanese Visit Visa in Doha, Qatar

Mel

April 29th, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Hi.. i really want to go to japan.. if posible how much savings account should i present just to approve and have my visa…??

Ngoumbe mama njoya

May 19th, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Requirements for seminar visa and least money on my saving account most I present .

Rose

June 15th, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Update: Got our visa today 🙂 Applied through accredited travel agency in Manila (Reli Tours). Less docs lang ang need nila ( Application Form, NSO Birth Cert/ NSO Marriage Cert), Schedule of Stay and Bank Cert lang. They don’t even asked for hotel booking, ticket etc. unlike if mag apply ka ng Japan visa sa Qatar.

Lian

July 12th, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Good day!
I just want ask if its ok with you when you applied for your japan visa here in qatar and around how much was your savings. Some says you need atleast more than 20K riyals for a day trip… is that tru? Thank you

Daphne

August 23rd, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Hi rose!

Working po ba kayo dito sa Qatar? Then sa pinas po kayo ng apply ng visa? Do they accept po Qatar banks for Bank certificate or statement? what exactly do they need po kapag resident ng Qatar?

Daphne

August 23rd, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Hi! Xtian,

Im planning to visit my sister in Japan, but the thing is mas maraming requirements kapag visiting relatives, and kung ok lang ba na ung bank account is kung saan pumpasok yung sahod mo? would there be any problem? Or i have a bdo acccount naman sa pinas which is savings account.

Meech

August 30th, 2016 at 4:58 am

Hi quick question, kailangan ba appearance ng mag aapply ng japan visa here in Doha or ok lang na husband ko magsubmit on my behalf? Thanks

jho

September 17th, 2016 at 8:15 am

hi just want to ask regarding japan visa from doha qatar.. Me and my husband are also here and we keep trying to apply for a visa but there is always question to my husband bank account. On Monday we will apply again. I feel nervous coz we already booked a ticket and travel on Oct 5. just want to increase my positive hope.

thank you.

Jeane Cayas

November 8th, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Greetings! I would just like to ask how we will compile all the required documents? Stapled? In a folder? Envelope? Thanks in response

jun

December 9th, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Hi,
I am currently working for 1 year and a month here in doha, i ask my co. to have a vacation. I want to go to japan first for at least 5 days because my 3 classmates in college will go there as a tourist. My problem is my company didnt give certificate of employment and bank statement, is it possible to used my contract letter instead of certificate of employment? Another thing is about bank account stament. I dont know if it is possible to go to doha bank to have that one? Besides my salary is just 2000 riyal monthly i dont know if it is enough

daphne

January 2nd, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Hi Rose! From which bank did you get your bank certificate? from Qatar or Phil Banks?

daphne

January 2nd, 2017 at 1:08 pm

xtian001

January 2nd, 2017 at 1:58 pm

We just placed them in an envelope as they would eventually open and review them anyway once you get there.

xtian001

January 2nd, 2017 at 1:59 pm

It all depends on how much money you have in your account.

xtian001

January 2nd, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Kailangan ng appearance except for minors.

xtian001

January 2nd, 2017 at 2:01 pm

I think it is better to show your account in Qatar kung saan ka sumasahod since I’m assuming it has more money than your Philippine account.

xtian001

January 2nd, 2017 at 2:04 pm

You will need all the items mentioned in the requirements plus a good sum on your account to get a visa.

xtian001

January 2nd, 2017 at 2:06 pm

In terms of the amount in your bank account, I really don’t know how much they are looking for but a safe amount would be 10-15k per head.

bluefairy

January 14th, 2017 at 2:13 pm

my sister is planning to visit Japan in April and I want to join her but i don’t have much in my account; it was mentioned in the requirements for application that she could issue a guarantee letter for my application as I don’t have much in my bank account, do you think it will do?

xtian001

January 14th, 2017 at 3:42 pm

As long as the requirements for a sponsored visa is met then there shouldn’t be any issues.

katherine

February 25th, 2017 at 6:59 am

hi what are the requirements need for my child 2 years old toget japan visa?thanks

Danny

March 14th, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Submitted all the requirements in order to get a tourist visa.As an Overseas Filipino Workers here in Qatar I send some of my earnings in the Phils as savings for my future.And guess what?even the current bank statement of my savings account in the Philippines are being asked to submit.How am i suppose to get it with all the signature and stamped?

xtian001

March 14th, 2017 at 4:12 pm

If you have enough funds here in Qatar, you won’t have any issues. The thing is, I personally don’t know what the minimum amount of money should you have. You might give us an idea how much you have which was rejected.

bill

March 16th, 2017 at 6:50 am

regarding the passport validity: its not necessary for ur passport to be valid 6months after the end of visa validity. just make sure to exit japan 3mo before the expiring of your passport-with a valid japanese visa of course. that from the website and according to my experience applying here in doha as well. no issues in narita airport too. good luck for those planning to apply.

bnx

March 29th, 2017 at 6:08 am

Hi, magkano po ang minimum amount in riyals na nasa bank account para ma approve yung visa application? planning to submit in the next few months, kaya lang most of my money nasa Pinas na, pag iisipan ko pa kung anong gagawin ko sa bank account ko kung dito ako mg apply sa qatar. thanks

xtian001

March 29th, 2017 at 6:14 am

They don’t specifically say kung magkano minimum but once you submit, they’ll advise you kung medyo sa tingin nila marereject application mo dahil sa pera. I just had the experience of seeing a chinese lady being told na kailangan nya isubmit ibnag source of money and tinanong kung pwede ba yung bank statement from China. Kung sa tingin mong kulanh, print your Philippines bank statement and submit it as well. Tatanggapin nila yun.

Comment Form

About our blog

It's been 10 years since the San Juan Family started their blog documenting their lives in this little spot called Qatar. Follow Chris, Mavis and Xianelle as they share what Doha has to offer.

• xtian001: They don't specifically say kung magkano minimum but once you submit, they'll advise you kung medyo [...]
  • bnx: Hi, magkano po ang minimum amount in riyals na nasa bank account para ma approve yung visa applicati [...]
  • bill: regarding the passport validity: its not necessary for ur passport to be valid 6months after the end [...]
  • xtian001: If you have enough funds here in Qatar, you won't have any issues. The thing is, I personally don't [...]
  • Danny: Submitted all the requirements in order to get a tourist visa.As an Overseas Filipino Workers here i [...]