Qatar Airways now allows 23kg Baggage Allowance!

by: xtian001

In: Filipino Community | News | Philippines | Qatar | Qatar Airways | Transportation

8 Sep 2010

Great news for people who use economy seats for flying with Qatar Airways, they recently enhanced their baggage weight allowances from 20kg to 23kg per customer! That means 3 more kilos for goods you want to take back to Qatar as going home to the Philippines, Qatar Airways allows you 45kg.

Read more about it here:

40 Responses to Qatar Airways now allows 23kg Baggage Allowance!

rowena

September 20th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

hi..thanks for the information. where can i find the 45kg baggage allowance in qa’s faqs?

xtian001

September 20th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

You can try calling their offices here in Qatar. I don’t think it’s actually written.

noel garon

April 11th, 2011 at 7:47 pm

my flight is on april 13 2011 at 2;45pm doha to manila, what is the kgs allowed limit baggage?

xtian001

April 12th, 2011 at 3:03 am

Noel,
Qatar Airways allows you 45kg though it is not a written rule. You can call their offices to check.

However, from manila to doha, they impose a strict policy of 23kg.

maria ruedas

June 16th, 2011 at 4:58 am

More power to qatar airways! My flight is on july 3,2011. How many kilos are allowed for my baggage? Qatar to mnl.tnx

herminiano noay

June 29th, 2011 at 7:35 pm

i have same question of madam maria ruedas, my flight is on july 2, 2011, and how many kilos baggage allowed from qatar to manila, philippines. thankz for the response.

xtian001

June 29th, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Qatar Airways allows you 45Kg check-in baggage plus 7kg hand carry if traveling from Doha to Manila. Etihad offers you 40kg plus 7kg hand carry. However, coming back, both airlines require you to bring only 23kg baggage plus 7kg Hand carry. The airport in Manila is quite strict with this so be careful so you don’t iccur extra expenses.

primrose

October 18th, 2011 at 3:33 pm

hi po…flight ko po sa nov 4, 2011….how many kilos baggage allowed qatar to manila, philippines…thank you/….waiting for your response…

xtian001

October 18th, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Qatar Airways allows you 45Kg check-in baggage plus 7kg hand carry if traveling from Doha to Manila. However, coming back, both airlines require you to bring only 23kg baggage plus 7kg Hand carry. The airport in Manila is quite strict with this so be careful so you don’t iccur extra expenses.

primrose

October 26th, 2011 at 11:28 pm

hi again..i would like to ask again the best answer…on my ticket it appears like this dammam-qatar 23kg then doha to manila 23kg…my concern is i cant understand hows it work?so it means im only allowed 23kg ?or what? my flight will be this coming november 4, 2011…may baggage like this 20kg each bag and 7kg?does this allowed or need to be 23kg only?thank you so much..more power..would appreciate ur soonest answer

primrose

October 26th, 2011 at 11:30 pm

hi again..i would like to ask again the best answer…on my ticket it appears like this dammam-qatar 23kg then doha to manila 23kg…what does this means?it means 23kg only or 40kg.,

xtian001

October 27th, 2011 at 2:47 am

primrose, better call the Qatar airways office in Doha for clarification. They can confirm the baggage allowances for your trip to Manila.

jelyn

November 12th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

hi….i just want to ask about the baggage allowance in quataq airways if i will go dbai to doha and doha to philippines?thanks a lot….i will wait for your response.GOD BLESS YOU!

mylene kaufmann

November 14th, 2011 at 3:17 pm

my husband and i are going to the philippines with qatar airways on november 18,2011.. we start in frankfurt airport (germany), then stop over in qatar then manila philippines.. how many kilos (checked in baggage) are each passenger really entitled? im confused. some say 23, some say 30 and others 45? pls help us? thanks!!

xtian001

November 14th, 2011 at 4:42 pm

@Mylene, it depends on what airport you’re departing and what are the allowed checked-in baggage for the airline on that airport. I do suggest you call Qatar Airlines in Frankfurt to make sure how much is allowed for your trip.

rudy del rosario jr

November 20th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

hi, how many kilos allow in qatar airways dammam to doha, doha to manila. coz my ticket says 23 kilos only allowed. my flight schedule on nov 29, 2011. can pls. give me the contact number or hotline number of qatar airways here in saudi arabia, dammam

rudy del rosario jr

November 20th, 2011 at 6:53 pm

thanks ….

Marlon V.

November 30th, 2011 at 6:56 am

Hi there, My Flight is on December 19 2011. How much Kilos allowed by Etihad from Dammam-Abu Dhabi-Manila and vice versa? It shows in there sites for economy is just 23kgs? Thanks

Richelle

January 17th, 2012 at 4:20 am

I have a flight on Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 from Doha to Manila and I called the customer service of Etihad here in Doha asking for my maximum allowable baggage. I am confused some are saying it is 40 kg but the representative said only 23 kg in the system. Please help I want clarifications. Thank you!

rosanna lambanecio

February 15th, 2012 at 6:34 pm

My flight coming back from vacation is on 16 april 2012,manila-doha,doha- sanaa.In my ticket it is stated that my baggage allowance is 50 kg and was confirmed by the ticket agent.I just want to make sure i am not going to pay any amount for excess baggage.thank you and hope to hear from you.

Aida Lacey Metcalfe

March 19th, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Dear sir. Or Madame . Please how many I need kg.or baggage need to bring traveler bag.i am going home to Philippines on 31th march.i have ticket Qatar airways.Hope you can help me. Thank you.regards.mrs Aida Lacey Metcalfe …

A Nicolas

June 6th, 2012 at 3:48 am

Hi! my flight is today 06Jun2012 at 1820 MANILA-DOHA DOHA-ALGIERS… how many kilos is allowable, i’m a Qatar Privilege Club member (Burgundy member). Thank you and best regards.

edna egamino

July 9th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

hi, i just want to ask how many kilos baggage allow qatqr airlines doha to philippines? we’re back dis 28 of july. hope you can help me, thanks and god bless..

Cherry S.LLagas

July 15th, 2012 at 3:46 pm

please,I need the updates of allowed kilos for baggage going to manila from dammam.My travel time is on coming July 19,2012 at 0500am.thanks.

Blanca

July 30th, 2012 at 9:04 am

My flight is on august 23 via etihad airways. i just want to ask how many kilo allowed baggage to bring from bahrain to philippines. thank you

mhavz

August 29th, 2012 at 4:07 am

hi der… goin back in doha soon.. how many kilo allowed manila to doha?? they saying 40kilos plus 7kilo handcarry is now allowednow.. before it was only 23kil0

xtian001

August 29th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I don’t think they allow 40Kg going to Doha. I took an Etihad flight just last month back to Doha and they only allow 23 + 7 hand carry. They do allow 40Kg from Doha to Manila but not the other way around. Better check and call the local Qatar Airways office in Manila to be sure. I’m sure you would not want to spend so much money if your baggage is in excess of what is allowed.

x_origin

September 3rd, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Greetings!!! For the 45-kilo baggage allowance of Qatar Airways, is it allowed to divide this into 3 boxes? Help please….Tnx!!!

xtian001

September 3rd, 2012 at 1:38 pm

You should divide it as they only allow 32Kg per piece of baggage even if the total allowance is 45kg.

kristine joy cuyugan

December 30th, 2012 at 9:26 am

hi can help i have flight this caming january exactly how many kg of luggage in qatar airways going to phillipines.kindly help me so i know

Alvin Aguilar

February 4th, 2013 at 8:48 am

hi,,, can I ask how many kilos allowable baggage in qatar airways,, my flight is from DOHA- MANILA , today feb. 4, 20013

jana

February 5th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Hi! I just want to confirm if how many kilos will be allowed from manila to doha, qatar… My flight is on February 14, 2013. Thanks!

mariel

February 10th, 2013 at 11:47 am

hi , gud pm ,May i ask if how many kls allowed for a passenger from dammam to manila? i will be traveling this 1st wk of march. Thank you and Godbless.

Rebecca aida Jarin-Skov

April 12th, 2013 at 8:43 am

Hi, this will be the first time I am going to take Qatar air going to the Philippines, I would like to make sure.. How many kilos am I allowed to check in.. I check in the Internet from Copenhagen to Manila .. You can check in 2 luggages ( 23 kilos each) .. I just want make sure..I am leaving on May 6..
Thanks for you help..

xtian001

April 12th, 2013 at 9:04 am

Regarding your question about baggage allowance, the usual allowed is 23 kilos ONLY. unless you are flying a trans Atlantic flight ( I.e. USA, Europe or vice versa) which allows you 2 bags at 23kilos each. But going to Qatar, it’s only 23 kilos total.

xavier

May 14th, 2013 at 10:29 am

Hi Admin,May i ask if how many kilos allowed for an economy passenger from dammam to doha(Qatar Airways) then doha to honkong(Qatar Airways) then hongkong to cebu(Cathay Pacific) flight? My flight schedule on May 30, 2013. also, is it possible to bring 2 check-in baggage?and what is the baggage weight allowed per baggage and the total of the 2 baggage?

Your response is highly appreciated.

- XAVIER -

xtian001

May 14th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Xavier, better go to check baggage information of Cathay at http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/helpingyoutravel/baggageinformation

Rachel

July 5th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

If I am flying from Beijing to Qatar and then to the US, is it 23 kg total or 23 kg for each of my two pieces?

Dennis Albejaron

March 14th, 2014 at 10:04 am

hi….how manny kilos allowed for an economy passenger from dammam to doha quatar connecting flight to manila….by quatar airways….thanks..

Elizhaldy Ledesma

March 21st, 2014 at 8:25 am

thanks for the info, because i,m gonna have a vacation this coming march 23,2014 .From Doha to Manila and i have more or less 40kilos baggage to carry

Comment Form

About our blog

It's been 8 years since the San Juan Family started their blog documenting their lives in this little spot called Qatar. Follow Chris, Mavis and Xianelle as they share what Doha has to offer.

• Maya: Thank you! I visited the souk last night too. I think people don't get that neglect is Crüelty. The [...]
  • Frank Deco: I don't have Bank account here in Qatar and also i don't have any body who can send me letter of inv [...]
  • Elizhaldy Ledesma: thanks for the info, because i,m gonna have a vacation this coming march 23,2014 .From Doha to Manil [...]
  • Dennis Albejaron: hi....how manny kilos allowed for an economy passenger from dammam to doha quatar connecting flight [...]
  • Nadir: I always search on Expedia for the cheapest and convenient flights before making a booking [...]